Staff at Stonebridge
Managing Director, Phil Edmunds and Director of Nursing, Fran Edmunds are responsible for the viability of the Home as a business and for the quality monitoring within it.
• The senior nursing team comprises Julia Foley, RMN, Registered Manager; Margo Wicher RGN, Deputy Manager, and Claire Cleaver RGN, Clinical Support Nurse. The nursing team is made up of both RMN’s and RGN’s so we can be sure we are able to meet physical and mental heath care needs equally effec tively.
• New care staff undergo rigorous induction, classroom based for 12 days where they cover all legally required training before they start to work in the home itself. This theory week is followed by a week’s induction as a supernummary member of the team, where they are monitored at all times by both the trained nurses and the senior care staff.
• Induction is seen as the beginning of learning and all staff go on to specialist work in all areas of dementia & mental health care, as well as dealing with physical care issues such as tissue viability, end of life care, diabetes management etc.
• We have a permanent, fully equipped training room in the admin building.
• Staff are recruited and promoted not by virtue of traditional qualifications, but of their grasp of the concept of being person-centred, and the difference they make to the quality of life for our residents; this is a move away from old-culture nursing and embraces the belief that “feelings matter most”.